TechSpot

Help - Unmountable_boot_volume

By SwiftnSilent
Sep 24, 2008
  1. Okay, this is my first post and im not sure if this goes here but here is a shot :)

I recently got a Gateway solo 1450 from my brother who was throwing it away because it "doesnt work". So I took a look at it and when ever I turn it on it goes to a blue screen.

It says:

unmounted_boot_volume

Stop: 0x000000ED (0x80A12E30, 0xc0000032, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I looked at some other sites and they said to put in the operating system discs, but I don't have then because my brother threw them away.

So my question is: Does anyone know how to fix this? Also does anyone know how to get the operating discs if they are needed?

2. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 3,556

As to the discs, contact Gateway with the serial number and ask to order a replacement set.

3. SwiftnSilent

SwiftnSilent TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you for the info :)

4. SwiftnSilent

I found all the disks to the computer. So now what do i do? please help!

5. CCT

6. SwiftnSilent

i dotn understand it! like i put in my operating cd and then turn on the comp. But then what it says to press R but nothing happens it just goes to a black screen to selelct normal or safe mode then no matter what i pick it comes up with the blue screen and then nothing happens. (blue screen has the error on it) please if you can help me ill be very grateful!

7. CCT

8. SwiftnSilent

Thanks i got it
    working!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.