TechSpot

Help with apache

By poertner_1274
Oct 28, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok, I just got apahce installed on my Red Hat box. I was wondering how or where I need to put a default web stuff. I am not sure how to really explain it. Right now if I connect to the ip with apache on it it shows the default apache server stuff. I was wondering where that was stored, and how I could change it. I am installing a program that will write to that directory/file if I can find it.

I hope someone can decifer this, if not I'll try and explain it better, if I can figure out a way.
  2. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

It should be in a folder called htdocs inside the Apache root directory.

Just a reminder, I'm only familiar with the Windows version. I am guessing that the setup and configuration are very simliar though.
  3. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 Newcomer, in training Posts: 6,504

4. Phantasm66

If you can't be bothered, here's the really important stuff:

5. Phantasm66

source: http://www.redhat.com/support/resources/tips/WWW-Server-Tips/WWW-Server-Tips.html
  6. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Topic Starter Posts: 4,745

I will take a look at that, but I guess I didn't mention I installe one off of apache's website, not an rpm. I'm not sure if they work the same or not, but I'll check that site out.
  7. Phantasm66

The instructions will still be valid...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.