Help with minidump files n BSOD

By zicrape
Nov 4, 2008
  1. Hi,

for half a year now my acer aspire 4520 noebook had been having random BSOD, sometimes it seems to go away, ut in a while it will come back. Pls help me, cuz i am really frustated with it. thanks in advance. If you need more info, I'm more than happy to provide it.

system spec:
    Window Vista Ultimate sp1
    AMD TL-58
    n-force 600m Motherboard
    Nvidia Geforce 700M
    2Gb DDR2 Ram
    120Gb Hdd

p.s. If i post in the wrong section pls tell me, thanks
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Inside the 3 Minidumps:
    Hmm, that last one is a concern
    Limewire is a filesharing program, that is notorious for downloading Virus\Malware

Have a look at:

Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions
  3. zicrape

zicrape TS Rookie Topic Starter

the situation juz get worse, occasionally my screen will go hang with blurred white lines across screen with the harddisk n wireless modem light stopped blinking(on) , do any1 have any idea wat is wrong? could it be memory or harddisk problem?

pls help
  4. kimsland

Sounds unrelated to your Minidump issue, but this seems like faulty Harddrive (or connection)
    You can run a Drive Diagnostics on your HardDrive
  5. zicrape

well, today i tried using window's last known good configuration, n it seem to be pretty good so far. I will report back after about 24 hours.

Plus, it seems strange, but i get a usb port BSOD today, could there be a problem with my motherboard?
  6. zicrape

oopsie, crashed~

it crashed again T.T, now i think the HD or motherboard is the culprit cuz it even crashed during the motherboard logo screen, as a last resort before sending it to hell/acer repair shop, i try now reinstalling the chipset n harddisk (sata) driver.

god pls help me~

p.s. do anyone have any idea how can i fix it by myself?
  7. kimsland

So far the Minidumps and errors do not point to Motherboard issue
    Rather a driver or Malware issue :rolleyes: ie my first reply to you!
  8. zicrape

solved, could be~

i can't believe my luck, after i disabled my wireless, my comp is error free for 2 days, now i'm trying to find a newdriver 4 it. will report back in a while.

9. kimsland

Click here for automatic detection:
  10. zicrape

okay, i think i pinpointed the problem. my comp only freezes during graphically intensive program such as warcraft or cod4, or on for a few hours. I think that the main problem is with mobo or graphic card temp cuz after every freeze i would have to wait 2-4 minutes b4 i can reboot without the teared screen of death or juz black screen. but since mine is a laptop, i can't do anything about it,zzz. may be this is worth the warranty?

p.s.acer sucks!!
  11. kimsland

I believe the warranty issue is valid only after you have run all their Diagnostic discs and confirmed hardware faulty

I don't want to get stuck into why these games cause the fault
    I've seen it on many threads, with users patching this and patching that
    I think I would just stop playing those games on that hardware setup, others may disagree (I just don';t want to get involved on these long winded issues, regarding games not working)
  12. zicrape

okay, i installed speedfan and it shows tat my cpu temp at whooping 60 degree celcius even when idle, haiz. can any1 tell me how to clean up this mess? or would i have to send this freaking lappy back to acer for warranty?
  13. kimsland

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.