Help with S-video cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guyz i hope u will help me on this...!

i hav a Compaq Presario C795TU with Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2390 (1.86 GHz)
and windows xp pro running on it....
other specifications are as follows...

Mobile Intel[R] 965 Express chipset Family

with intel graphics media accelerator driver...

the other day i got a 7 pin s video cable and connected my laptop to my lg tv[using 3 colored pins]

basically my question is my tv is not getting detected on my laptop..

when i went into display properties and i peeked around i got the option of setting multiple monitors in my driver configuration dialog box...

but there is only a single monitor displaying i.e notebook's default monitor..!!

i would be glad if ne1 tries to solve my problem..!

Hey guyz i hope u will help me on this...!

i hav a Compaq Presario C795TU with Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2390 (1.86 GHz)
and windows xp pro running on it....
other specifications are as follows...

Mobile Intel[R] 965 Express chipset Family

with intel graphics media accelerator driver...

the other day i got a 7 pin s video cable and connected my laptop to my lg tv[using 3 colored pins]

basically my question is my tv is not getting detected on my laptop..

when i went into display properties and i peeked around i got the option of setting multiple monitors in my driver configuration dialog box...

but there is only a single monitor displaying i.e notebook's default monitor..!!

i would be glad if ne1 tries to solve my problem..!

What happen when you use the s-video on the TV? Can you see the desktop. Then you also use the [Fn] -F5 key combination? Note some drivers might not have all the control panel features you need to display from S-Video you might have to use VGA external instead which would give you the best analog image.

"the other day i got a 7 pin s video cable and connected my laptop to my lg tv[using 3 colored pins]"...

The 3 colored pins are red, white and yellow? Do you have matching plugs on the laptop. Have you enabled the external TV by pressing the proper function keys on the laptops keyboard?

yeah i tried the key combinations but of no use the screen is still black......

i think m y drivers would be updated since i purchased the laptop just few dayz back..!

@ tipster

What happen when you use the s-video on the TV? Can you see the desktop. Then you also use the [Fn] -F5 key combination? Note some drivers might not have all the control panel features you need to display from S-Video you might have to use VGA external instead which would give you the best analog image.

yeah i tried the key combinations but of no use the screen is still black......

i think m y drivers would be updated since i purchased the laptop just few dayz back..!

amitkalani1, that would have nothing to do with u're drivers being up to date. the laptop could have been sitting on the shelf for a month or more, or even a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back