Hi. Are there any W10 users here?

holdum323

Hi! I just installed the latest patch Tuesday Cumulative update. It took approximately 15 minutes. Every thing went well. Will have to wait a few days to see if there are any bugs. Here's the update history on the latest update if you want to see what the update contained. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4041676/windows-10-update-kb4041676
I joined this forum mainly to hopefully help members with W10 updates and recovery issues; and to also learn new things. I would like to hear your experiences with W10. Have you had issues upgrading and installing updates? If you had problems and solved them, please share your experiences. If every thing has gone smoothly, share that also. Wondering how many members here are running W10. What are your thoughts?
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6699351833

I also installed that update on Tuesday but on Thursday morning when turning on my PC (cold start) I found it would not boot up all the way it was stuck at the loading screen (blue window + revolving dots) I had to reboot in the recovery console and do a system restore to before the update to get my PC back up and running apparently the problem should only exist for those who have either USB type C or those that use WSUS/SCCM for updates but thats a load of BS as I don't have or use any of those to do updates and yet I still got pinged by this lousy bad update

6702037192.png

There are plenty of Windows 10 users here. Many hate Windows 10 and many love Windows 10. I imagine there are even more members that have a love/hate relationship with Windows 10, such as myself.

There are plenty of Windows 10 users here. Many hate Windows 10 and many love Windows 10. I imagine there are even more members that have a love/hate relationship with Windows 10, such as myself.
I think there were the same love/hate relationship when W7.&W8 were born. I like W10 and it seems to be getting better with each update. I think there is a big change coming this month called the October update. It will be interesting to see how that works out.
https://phys.org/news/2017-09-windows-october.html

Hi. How long did you wait for your PC to boot into windows after the update? Did the update finish installing? Some times after large updates it takes awhile for your PC to function normally.
I have a thread about W10 updates.
https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5-ways-to-install-windows-10-updates.241343/

I installed the update on the Tuesday when it appeared in the windows update app and it was running fine all day Wednesday until I shut down the PC for the night went to boot up in the morning and bang inaccessible boot drive after thirty minutes of sitting at the boot load screen thanks to recovery console and system restore I was able to get back into windows properly but it took over an hour and a half of frigging round to do so

Hi! I'm not sure where you are at this time.Did the update complete? Do you have the latest build. Type winver in search. Here's the latest build. Do you need more help?OS build15063.674
Capture26.JPG

Hi! I'm not sure where you are at this time.Did the update complete? Do you have the latest build. Type winver in search. Here's the latest build. Do you need more help?OS build15063.674
View attachment 83486

I'm on the latest version of of Windows 10 before the update .608 becomes .647 after the update I had to roll back .608 because it caused my system to fail to boot and yes the update completed just fine I do know what I'm doing I've been building and fixing PC's for a living for more than 20 years so when I say it was the update that caused the problem it was the bloody update
Win10 Versio.JPG

Hi. I'm happy to hear you know what your doing. I like to think I know what I'm doing also. If the update was the bloody reason you failed to boot, and sense you have been doing this for 20 years, do you know why the update.647 caused your OS to fail to boot?
Please share with us here on the forum. I love learning new things about W10.;)
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4041676

Hey you might want to head over to the windows 10 insiders site. I've signed up & get a chance to test, find & report install plus any other issues. This helped me a lot & hopefully anyone else that is interested. Good luck .

Hi. @fidgetwidget . Can I help you with W10? I see you posted here on this thread. I will try my best to help you with W10 updates if you have a question. Please share your W10 experiences with us. I'm not familiar with insiders. I'm going with W10 free upgrade and updates. At this moment, I'm really not a big fan of finding W10 bugs for MS, but I admire those that are willing to find the bugs.;)

Thank you for your reply.

Last edited:
Hi. I'm happy to hear you know what your doing. I like to think I know what I'm doing also. If the update was the bloody reason you failed to boot, and sense you have been doing this for 20 years, do you know why the update.647 caused your OS to fail to boot?
Please share with us here on the forum. I love learning new things about W10.;)
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4041676

More than likely it was this part of the update seeing as it effected booting the OS and caused the inaccessible disk warning leading to needing the recovery console and system restore Oh since uninstalling the update my system hasn't skipped a beat even after several reboots to make sure it wasn't my machine

• Security updates to Microsoft Windows Search Component, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Graphics Component, Internet Explorer, Windows kernel, Microsoft Edge, Windows Authentication, Windows TPM, Device Guard, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Microsoft Windows DNS, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Server, Windows Subsystem for Linux, Microsoft JET Database Engine, and the Windows SMB Server.

Hi! I see that there has been 200+ Views on this thread. I consider that a good thing. I hope I'm helping a little here on techspot.
W10 will only get better in the future and so will the techspot forum. I'm hoping I can be apart of all of it!

I liked XP, disliked (with time) Win7, was skeptical on Win8 and I love Win10 (which is the best ever made in term of security, I'm not concerned much by design or ergonomy, I can adapt)

Hi! Here's what I do after every W10 update. I create a backup image of my OS. If I have any kind a trouble I can't fix, I have the image that will restore me back exactly like the day I created the back up image. This makes me fearless, knowing I can restore back just like I was the day I created the image. I wish I could get more W10 users to create back up images. It would make their computer like a lot more simple.(y);)

The best windows 10 update is disabling it completely, the only time you will want to screw around with it.

A. There is patch you need to fix up exploits.

B.Out of the blue moments where microsoft actually fixes whatever problems correctly.

*Best Option*
C.Leave well enough alone and keep using your computer safely.

Hi. I guessing that there aren't many W10 users here on techspot. I'm saying that because I haven't seen that many responses to this thread. The free upgrade has been a problem for a lot of windows users. There are some unhappy campers, that have experienced major problems with the free upgrade. My advise to them is to create a back up image and then do a clean install. I realize that a clean install is not a option for some; but if you want a W10 OS to run well, the clean install is the way to achieve your goal.
PS My main reason for joining techspot is to help Windows users with W10 problems and not to to convince them to give up W7 Or W8. ;)

Back