5 Ways to install Windows 10 Updates

holdum323

I have found 5 ways to install W10 updates.
1) The preferred way is the automatic update method, but that doesn't always work.
2) You can go to setting and click on Update and Security. Then click on "Check for updates
3) You can go here and click on "Update now". This will give you the update assistant tool.
4) You can also create a media creation tool and give it a try. This is a great tool to have in your desk drawer. It will help you repair and reinstall Windows when issues come up at a latter time.
5) If all the above methods fail you can use the Windows update Catalog to install the updates manually. You should make sure that your computer is compatible and can run W10.
Finally you can also do a clean install, which is the best install of W10 that you will ever get.
PS. Check here to see if your PC can run W10. Here's a good link for getting your PC ready for the updates. I hope this helps someone to successfully install W10 updates.
Here's a link to check if your PC is freezing or locking up when installing the updates
Good luck. I hope you are successful with the updates. They are very important.

Last edited:
Hello! If you decide to get the very best W10 install, you can give this a try. I hope this helps someone here!
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10startfresh
Note: It might seem likely that reinstalling Windows, and then these same exact Windows updates, will cause the same problem, but that isn't usually what happens. Since most lock-up issues caused by updates by Microsoft are actually software conflicts, a clean install of Windows, followed promptly by the installation of all available updates, usually results in a perfectly working computer.

Hi! It doesn't seem like anyone likes my threads, but I'll keep trying. Here's a thread I created on another help forum and it is also found on Google search. It has a little more information then the above thread. I don't visit that forum any longer and have made techspot my home for now. I like it here.(y)
Hope this helps someone. I'm also the author of the below link. A.User. It is also the number one link on Google search. Google is my friend.LOL
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...upgrades/22061741-2a9d-4473-b59c-a74fe2e6aac5

Last edited:
Back