Hi pals! audio confussion :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello everyone. Beforehand i will thank you because i know you will help me in my confussion :)

i have a biostar tforce 6100 am2 and it has 5.1 sound integrated in it (realtek) . I have a sound blaster live! 24 bit and i have a couple of question about it:

1) the sound from the sound blaster live! is better in quality? (compared to my integrated sound)

2) if i use the sound blaster live! 24 bits card, i will notice some performance increase in games? in fps? (does the integrated sound uses the cpu to process the sounds? or it has its own cpu to process it, i mean, if the cpu does some work with the integrated sound card ,then is not crazy to think that when i install the sound blaster the performance will increase)

3) the sound blaster live! 24 bit does support 5.1 sound, doesn`t it?

4) for around 15us$ is it good an used sound blaster live! 24 bit?
thanks everyone, again :)

Sound like any other peritheral, (apart from USB plugon) Do not use special process through the processor.Feel free to use your card.
Sound blaster is pro so it fully supports 5.1.I don't know how much it cost so i cant unser the last question.R

You should receive a performance increase from installing the Soundblaster card into an open PCI slot. Just ensure that you go back into the bios and disable the onboard sound.
The integrated sound cards (Sound Max - Realtek) have really made a lot of improvements over the past few years. Even though you WILL receive a performance increase, your ears may not be able to tell the difference that much.

thank you very much :)
so the performance increase is only in sound quality, not in fps? (i mean, u said: ".. will receive a performance increase, your ears may not be able to tell the difference that much." so i assume the increase in performance is only in the sound quality)
sorry for asking again and the inconvenients, i just want to be sure ;)
thx beforehand again ;)

Exactly. You'll notice a difference in sound performance, but not in fps performance. The difference will be minimal compared to an Audigy or an X-Fi card, BUT it will still be better than the onboard sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back