Hijack This, ComboFix, and AVG Spyware Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

goalieboy821

I recently was slammed with the red biohazard backgrounded "Your Privacy is at Risk" virus. I read up on a post here at Techspot that seemed to be very helpful. Note: I flubbed on the Combofix log, running it again after HijackThis, so I'm sure that the log is probably useless from my own stupidity. Anyways, the other two logs are from the correct order and are attached. The panda antirootkit system seemed to have operated but did not give me any feedback.

Go to add/remove programs,
Look for anything to do with MyWaySearch

Open the task manager and stop any processes to do with this,

Boot into safe mode and view all hidden files and folders and search for the
MyWaySearchbar or anything like that and delete whatever it finds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please also downlaod SDFix

C:\Program Files\antiviirus.exe
  • Run the SDFix.exe by double clicking on it.
  • Allow it to install into the default location which is normally c:\SDFix
  • Now please reboot your computer into Safe Mode (see here)
  • When you have booted into safe mode, open the C:\SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
  • Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
  • It will remove any Trojan Services or Registry entries found and then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
  • Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
  • When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
  • Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt.
  • Attach the Report.txt file to your next message.

I think it helped

I did just that, went into add/remove programs and found "MyWaySearch Assistant." Deleted it. Then I booted up in safe mode, made my hidden folders visible, and ran a search for "mywaysearch," yet nothing showed up. I haven't seen any significant change in performance though. Any ideas, or am I somewhat in the clear?

Do the SDFix, the bit in safe mode was just to clear away any trace of MyWaySearch if it was found.

Ok then, close all windows, show all hiden fikes and folders and run HJT, select do a system scan and save a logfile and post it back here.

The SDFix shows that it got rid of this nasty one, I need to see if its really gone.

C:\Program Files\antiviirus.exe - Deleted

How is the computer running now anyway? Still have the background?

Computer seems to be running fine (little slower since i downloaded all the antivirus programs), lost the background after the initial process. Ran HijackThis in safemode, log is posted.

Sorry, i need to see Hijackthis done in normal mode.

Once were sure that everything is gone then we can get rid of most of the things and see about speeding the pc back up.

Oops, for some reason I thought it needed to be in safe mode. Anyways, this one was in normal mode. Been having a few instances where AVG is catching random viruses and deleting them, I dont know if thats from viruses on my comp or just everyday stuff coming in off the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back