HiJackthis log - Please check and feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsunga

Find log attached as per instructions. My IE 7 seems to freeze or slow. I even had an error on inerswmc.dll, I don't remember what prompted it.
your help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    17.2 KB · Views: 6
Your Hijackthis log looks clean to me. i would suggest upgrading to Internet Explorer 8 or even better download and install Firefox.... A lot less problems.

fastco thanks for checking the log. thanks to spyder as well for the suggestion.

my immediate concern is the times when i have a prompt for an invalid Win32 application pointing to a .DLL in the WINDOWS/ folder. owebonerav.dll, or chptsng.dll for example. I can't relate them to any application or google them to see what they are for.

Checking the WINDOWS folder I find DLLs created or modified the time i wake my computer from standby or in and around that time. aparivehamiro.dll, avucexucok.dll, ojevesebevaxitig.dll just a few to add to the list.

I scanned with my Norton and HouseCall an online scan by Trend-Micro, and they only found tracking cookies which I did delete.

I could use your opinion on my these dll's and what malware, virus, worm, i might have and how to remove them...

thanks

Please download Combofix:
http://subs.geekstogo.com/ComboFix.exe

And save to the desktop.

Close all other browser windows.

Please connect all your external hard drive/flash drive before running Combofix, if you have any

Double-click on the combofix icon found on your desktop.

Please note, that once you start combofix you should not click anywhere on the combofix window as it can cause the program to stall. In fact, when combofix is running, do not touch your computer at all and just take a break as it may take a while for it to complete.

Combofix will create a logfile and display it after your computer has rebooted. Usually located in c:\combofix.txt, please attach it to your next post

File Sharing Programs found in logs: Utorrent

Info on using P2P Programs => https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic124748.html
More info supplied here => https://www.techspot.com/vb/post752079-4.html

Quote from 8-Step Removal Guide:
Uninstall File Sharing/P2P Programs

During the cleaning process all File Sharing Programs should be uninstalled
This is to avoid any possible reinfection of any malwares through file sharing

We reserve the right to withdraw our support:
  • If such programs are found in your logs
  • Should you not agree to their removal.
As they are normally set to bypass your Firewall and Anti-Virus software
Filesharing/P2P Programs serves as a constant threat to your computer

Regarding:
...and feedback
Uninstall Norton (its obviously not protecting you)
Run the Norton Removal tool or direct download h e r e

An alternative Antivirus that I recommend, and use is Avira free Antivirus (also being in the 8-Step guide)

Forgot about that P2P as it wasn't in the Uninstall.
Thanks for your help. Will certainly get out of Norton as it has caused me more headache (and pc resources).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back