Hijackthis logfile request help

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonNagual

Visiting my mom here in Canada and trying to clean her computer up. Her DSL connection is getting about 20 kb/s download speeds.

Ran a couple different virus checks, all clean (she uses AVG)
Ran a couple spyware programs and cleaned a bunch of stuff out, but still her internet speed is crap.

Can someone kindly check this hijackthis logfile? Thanks in advance.

Your log is free of nasties.
This is merely cosmetics, 'fix' these 3 within HJT:
O4 - Global Startup: hpoddt01.exe.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: hp officejet 4100 series.lnk = ?
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)

However, that laptop is overloaded with unnecessary programs:
C:\Program Files\Arcade\PCMService.exe (part of Dell Multimedia, on an Acer???)
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe (update checker for Java)
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpxxxx.exe (5 of these, do they HAVE to run?)
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe (Tray icon space-waster)
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe (uninstall if not used)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32 (all thet IME related stuff for Asian characters, needed???)
O4 - Global Startup: HotSync Manager.lnk = C:\Palm\HOTSYNC.EXE (should run only when needed)
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE (MSOffice bar, who needs it?)
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000 (who needs/uses it?)

Two IM programs, Messenger and MNS Messenger, one is enough.

Wow, RBS pops in and solves half a dozen problems with one hand, (assumming the other is holding a guinness).

DonN, where in Canada are you? Also check properties of internet connection and turn off everything but TCP/IP.

Thanks for the piece of mind Realblackstuff! I don't know what I'd do without you.

kirock, I'm from Vancouver actually. I am always amazed how beautiful it is here. I have to move back. Japan just doesn't compare.

I know nothing about network setups. When you say disable everything but the TCP/IP, do you mean I should disable the:

client for microsoft network
file and printer sharing
QoS packet scheduler

She is on a dsl connection and there are no other computers in this house to connect to.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, that's what he means.

I used to live in Vancouver (on Beach Avenue, in one of those 3 round hi-rises, if they are still there). I was with the ski-patrol on Grouse Mountain back then.
I sailed out of Kitsilano and drove to Tacoma/WA every second day for almost 5 months. Then I found a local girlfriend....
I loved the back-entrances of all those Chinese restaurants, to eat in the kitchen.
We were 3 guys (Canadian, Scottish and me) sharing a house later on, and we brewed our own beer (10 gallons a week!). None of that black stuff yet, that came later.
In those days they also still had bars with separation grills for men, women and couples in Victoria!
We had regular visitors, bringing us the best Acapulco Gold. Mind you, those were the days of Flower Power and great trips to San Francisco!
After 3 years I went back to Europe.
Great city, albeit quite wet at times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back