Hijackthis - Unable to view hidden files and unable to run C drive normally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hye all, im having problems in viewing my hidden files (like everyone else who got this problem) and also cannot run my C drive normally as I click it - it only shows 'Open With' when I doublw click the C drive. Attached is my Hijackthis's Logfile. Anyone able to help me?

Attachments

• hijackthis_malique.txt
    9.4 KB · Views: 7
: Download and Run DSS

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.
  • Close all applications and windows.
  • Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
  • When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt<- this one will be minimized.
  • Attach the main.txt and the extra.txt in your reply.

here's the files. Please Help. Thanks

Now im able to view the hidden files but still cannot run C drive normally, still pop up 'Open With'.....

Hye there...it happened again, Im unable to view my hidden file again after i change back to hide my hidden files. Then i cant even view it back even after restarting multiples of times. My C drive still have to 'Open With'....anyone can help? what virus is this?

This is a fairly old thread. Please visit the updated malware removal sticky and follow the instructions there.

try use this..

click on the vb script in the script tool folder repeatedly to able to see again the hidden file and click on the flash disinfector to able to click C: drive normally.

Good luck.

Attachments

• Script Tools.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Flash Disinfector.zip
    73.9 KB · Views: 17
ops..forgot to inform u. after click all the vb script. search for all hidden & visible file name as "thumbs.db" & "9m.dat" and delete all of it...

Herm...i did everything..i was successful. Thanks a lot bro. I only unable to delete lots of my thumb.db..it gives error cannot read from source or disk. Is it necessary to delete all the thumb.db files?

yup...if not the hidden problem will happen again. try to delete as much as you could. To momok and kimsland : yup.. this is an old threat, just want to help out. Thats all.. have a great day everybody..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back