Hitachi Travelstar unlock HDDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea how you are able, but I would like the ability to unlock Hdd's, especially mobile ones. I build PC's as a hobby, for people, and also on a business level. I have run across this situation many times, especially with disgruntled employees turning laptops in. I have a HITACHI Travelstar hdd locked. The model number is HTS541060G9AT00. If you could help me find a way to get this thing cracked open, your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Daniel.

Alright, perhaps i'll elaborate. I am the second owner of a 710m Dell Laptop. The Service tag # is 7MZBM91. The Bios and the HDD are locked, and no, I don't know either password. If you guys could help me that would be wonderful. I have already swapped hard drives, but i'd like to recover the drive that was in it, and get the bios opened. Thanks.

Bios the only way to reset it would be to open up the laptop and there might be a jumper to reset the password or could try to see if there is a bios battery that is replacable and for the password hook it up to another computer and try to do a secure erase and a program like hdderase will try to erase the hpa section and the area where the password be and it also might be password is in the bios not the hdd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back