Inactive Hotmail account sends virus infected emails without my knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI guys IM pretty desperate.

My "serious" hotmail account is infected with virus (or maybe its my computer I dont know) because it keeps sending virus emails to all my buisness associates (se pic of print screen mail). Furthermore I scanned (avast virus scan) my computer thouroughly and it found 8 files that it seemed to be malicious. So I deleted four of them that seemed to be only small files of no importance, but I left the four Kernel32.(somethin somethin) untouched sins it was in my windows32 to file. Oh I recently upgraded to win 7 64. I have done the 8 step test and it hasn´t found anything att all.

what should I do???

God I wish I was a computer geek, but sometimes you make the wrong decisions in life ;)

best regards Chris

Attachments

• DDS.txt
    22.3 KB · Views: 3
  • virus mail.JPG
    virus mail.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 1
  • mbam-log-2010-10-07 (20-27-20).txt
    997 bytes · Views: 2
Welcome aboard
yahooo.gif

There is always a chance, that your Hotmail account got hacked, but let's check your computer as well.

Download MBRCheck to your desktop

Double click MBRCheck.exe to run (Vista and Windows 7 users, right click and select Run as Administrator).
It will show a black screen with some data on it.
Enter N to exit.
A report called MBRcheckxxxx.txt will be on your desktop
Open this report and post its content in your next reply.

=====================================================================

Download Dr.Web CureIt to the desktop:
ftp://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/cureit/drweb-cureit.exe
Alternative download: http://majorgeeks.com/Dr.Web_CureIT_d4783.html

• Doubleclick the drweb-cureit.exe file and click Scan to run express scan. Click OK in pop-up window to allow scan.
  • This will scan the files currently running in memory and when something is found, click the Yes button when it asks you if you want to cure it. This is only a short scan.
  • Once the short scan has finished, select Complete scan.
  • Click the green arrow
    drweb.jpg
    at the right, and the scan will start.
  • Click Yes to all if it asks if you want to cure/move the file.
  • When the scan has finished, in the menu, click File and choose Save report list
  • Save the report to your desktop. The report will be called DrWeb.csv
  • Close Dr.Web Cureit.
  • [color=5]Important![/color] Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
  • Copy and paste that log in the next reply. You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report.

NOTE. During the scan, pop-up window will open asking for full version purchase. Simply close the window by clicking on X in upper right corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back