TechSpot

How can I find out what specific GPU I have?

By MattMxR
Feb 19, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Hello!

I recently went into my AMD Control Center to learn what graphics card I had installed (I have a pre-built PC), and I've encountered a problem.

When I go to the information tab, all it tells me is that my GPU is part of the Radeon R7 200 series. I already knew this, but this doesn't tell me which specific GPU I have in that series (I.e. 250, 250X, 260, 260X, etc). This is what I need to know. I've already tried looking using my Device Manager, and same as the CCC, all it tells me is its in the Radeon R7 200 family.

How can I learn what specific GPU I have (screenshot of CCC below)?

EDIT: I've also looked at it using my DirectX Diagnostic Tool. Same problem.

EDIT 2: I'd also prefer to learn this without downloading any 3rd party software, but I will do that if it comes to it.

[​IMG]

2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,556   +2,900

TechPowerUp GPU-Z
    And then match the specifications (memory bandwidth and stream processing units (aka: shaders)) with the details from this link.
    http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/desktop/r7#

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
    MattMxR likes this.
  3. MattMxR

MattMxR TS Rookie Topic Starter

Just learned I'm running an R7 260X, one of the best in the R7 series (as far as I can tell from that spec chart).

Thank you!