How do I attach a file to a post, BROWSE missing !

1. The forum-instructions are:

When I REPLY to an existing thread, I have to SUBMIT something, then EDIT that post to be able to select smilies, but I DON'T get the BROWSE button.

Can someone help me with the settings please, so I would be able to go straight into this (advanced?) Edit mode, where I can BROWSE in a reply?

these are the forum rules for me at the bottom:

Forum Rules:
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may post attachments
    You may edit your posts
    HTML code is OFF
    vB code is ON
    Smilies are ON
    [​IMG]
  2. StormBringer

StormBringer Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,871

Works fine for me in both IE and Firefox. Just click on "Post Reply" Then make the reply and choose the additional options from those available. Only time I don't get this is with the quick reply area which is missing it for the very reason it is a "quick" reply.
  3. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

This is what you should get upon clicking "Post Reply".

---
    [​IMG]
    ---
  4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 8,165

Thank you guys,
    I have been with this forum for over a year now, but until today I NEVER used the "Post Reply" button.

I always typed my answers into the box et the bottom of the page.

I must be getting old!
  5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,423   +281

Heh, yeh for a long time on vBullitin we didn't even have the quick reply feature. So when we did get it, it took me a long time to start using it, I didn't like the lack of features. :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.