How do I correctly setup memtest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mutiny

How can I correctly set up memtest to be bootable from a cdrom. Also the usage with windows thing. I have been trying to get it to work and it just wont give, any help would be much aprecciated.

Techspot has it`s own tutorial HERE

The main thing you have to remember regarding the CD method, is to burn

the iso file as an iso file and not a normal data CD.

Yes you should.

I`m assuming you have already posted about the crashes,

in the Windows OS forum.

Mutiny said:
So if there are any errors at all I should consider getting new ram?
In most cases yes. I can only speak for 1 specific case, but there may be others: With an ASRock 775-DUAL-VSTA board there as a 'compatibility' mode for RAM, RAM may fail if compatibiity mode isn't enabled, but will pass if it is.

I think that particular board is very sensitive to RAM outside of compatibility mode - I had ram that failed, RMA'd it, got new it failed too, found out about compatability mode and it passed. I've since tried it in another motherboard and it passed.

Yea did the test and one of my sticks failed test 5 with like 6 errors. 713.3 mb and 729.3 mb location with 100 bit of error difference. It was only one stick that failed this.

do not use the windows version of memtest. Use the DOS version. You will need to make a bootable CD rom or a bootable floppy drive. The floppy version is best.

Follow Po' girls directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back