How do I install this OS on my PC?

By Prashanth0006
Sep 1, 2012
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello friends! I have snow leopard 10.6.1 retail dvd. I really want to install and get it working on my pc. My pc's configuration is as follows:

AMD Phenom II x6 1090t(3.2 ghz stock speed)
    6gb(2x3gb) DDR2 800 Ram
    Sapphire Radeon 7770 1gb gddr5 graphic card
    m4a78-em/1394 motherboard(780G+sb710 chipset)
    seagate 7200 sata 2tb(2x1tb) hdds

How do I install this os on this pc? Please give me step by step guide.

Thanks in advance
  2. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

You're better off looking in some Hackintosh forums, but to be honest it's recommended you just stick to Windows as hardware compatibility is far from guaranteed.
  3. Prashanth0006

Prashanth0006 TechSpot Member Topic Starter

I've looked and several hackintosh tutorials. But none worked with me. The most recent was the use of Snow leopard 10.6.2 hacked dvd. It installed on my pc but not recognizing my keyboard and mouse(KB is connected via ps2 and mouse- usb). I've tried several other versions of the os(hacked). Each of them has it's problems like no booting, kb and mouse not detected, kernel panic etc...

Pls suggest me the correct way to install this os on my machine.
  4. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,277   +22

tonymacx86's blog is the best guide out there to creating a Hackintosh, IMHO; I've personally used the iBoot + MultiBeast method with great success, although the machine I used for this (a Dell Optiplex 755) is in the supported hardware list, so YMMV.

Check out his wiki; it has articles on hardware compatibility and you can probably find some tricks in there you can try.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.