How good is my newly bought PC for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got the computer just wanted to know what are you guys thoughts on how well this will play games like crysis on max ill also be playing on a 22" 2253lw samsug lcd. any siggestions on improvment i would like.

Okia ATX 550W Power Supply

AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz Quad core

EVGA 512-P3-N862-AR GeForce 9600GT Superclocked 512MB 256-bit GDDR3

ASUS M3A78-EM AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s

payed $622 for all of this

Dunno about max but you should be able to play with modest to decent settings, at least.

Your system (minus the monitor and unstated peripherals as well as shipping and any labor), works out to about $500ish e-tail, so your price is about right.

The first thing that I'd probably swap out is your PSU. From what I can see it is likely Broadway's Okia model which isn't too impressive. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ription=Okia+ATX+550W+Power+Supply+&x=16&y=31

The next major upgrade, short of building a new system, would probably be to your graphics card, but that is likely unjustified at this point. Otherwise, perhaps a dedicated sound card if you have some decent speakers/headset.

Dunno about max but you should be able to play with modest to decent settings, at least.

Your system (minus the monitor and unstated peripherals as well as shipping and any labor), works out to about $500ish e-tail, so your price is about right.

The first thing that I'd probably swap out is your PSU. From what I can see it is likely Broadway's Okia model which isn't too impressive.

The next major upgrade, short of building a new system, would probably be to your graphics card, but that is likely unjustified at this point. Otherwise, perhaps a dedicated sound card if you have some decent speakers/headset.

also it came to be $622 with the wireless key/mouse, optical drive and the computer case which by them selves r $80

Decent price, but I think too CPU centered, it would have been better with a 4770, 4850, or 4870 and a dual or triple core, but yes it is good.
Yes the powersupply is unreliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back