How much is my PC worth?

My friend wants to buy my pc for $300 dollars, I personally think its a good amount of money but i just want a second opinion. I build my pc about 3-4 years ago and it cost about $800 origonaly. I would be selling just the pc, no keyboard, mouse, monitor.
<<< System Summary >>>

> Mainboard : Asus A8N-SLI

> Chipset : nVidia nForce4

> Processor : AMD Athlon 64 3700+ @ 2200 MHz

> Physical Memory : 2048 MB

> Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT

> Hard Disk : WDC (320 GB)

> DVD-Rom Drive : LITE-ON DVD SOHD-16P9SV ATA Device

> Monitor Type : Sceptre - 20 inches

> Operating System : Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium Home Edition 6.00.6000

> DirectX : Version 10.00

> Windows Performance Index : 2.7

If you can get $300 for a machine that is 3-4 years old and only cost you $800 to build, you should take the offer quick.

Just remember that friend will not be so friendly after he gets it, and his other friends tell him he paid too much... then when something goes wrong, you will be expected to fix it for a year... even when not obligated to do so.
Motherboard: Good but old. Memory is going up in price for that model but still is verry cheap for DDR PC2700...
The DVD drive is wearing out, as is the Western Digital drive.
If this is a GOOD friend, be a friend... avoid an enemy later. He is offering you $100 too much.

That was very tactful and informative based on knowledge, Raybay! I'm impressed. I suspected his friend to be offering about $100 too much but I couldn't quite explain how.

I say if you are selling the monitor too then its a fair deal. As long as he isn't expecting to Encode movies while playing crysis he will be happy.

Back