How much would a water cooling system for my CPU run me?

treetops

In American currency, could I get one for like 50$? Are they dangerous? Like could they get your rig wet and ruin your hardware? I live in Arizona and I am tired of these noisy fans. Also my computer heats my room up a bunch which sucks when its 115 f outside. Would a water cooling system make my computer put out less heat? How about one of these?

My specs are in my system specs, btw my video card seems to put out a ton of heat as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Awesome-400...445?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4836e4d00d

Would a water cooling system make my computer put out less heat?

Never used water cooling, but I would say no. Most water cooling system removes more heat from the CPU or GPU then air cooling, so your system will probably put out more heat.

I read somewhere that because Peltier cooler can become really cold than it causes condensation problem. But that's better left for someone w/ experience to answer.

A peltier plate will cause the system to put out much more heat, due to inefficiency. They are usually 5-10 percent efficient, so a 400 watt one (like you linked to) will put out another 360 to 380 watts of heat in addition to the heat your CPU puts out. To keep the hot side of the peltier of that size cool, you will need a water cooling system that can handle the extra heat from the peltier plus the heat from your CPU, or about 500 watts in total. That would have to be a beast of a water cooling system. On top of that, it will put a huge load on your PSU, as it will draw over 33 amps from your 12V rail. All in all, peltiers are not a great option unless you do not care about power consumption and you need your CPU cooled to unnecessarily cool temperatures.

Also, Rabbit01 was was right in saying that a water cooling system will actually cause your computer to put out more heat, since it is more efficient at moving heat away from your CPU.

If you want an inexpensive and easy to set up watercooling system, take a look at the all-in-one units like the Corsair H50, or others in that series.

Thanks for the replies, I have to decide whats worse noisy fans or a hot room. I'm going to stay away from the peltiers. When I get some spare cash I'll likely pick a Corsair H50 up.

You are probably better off looking at the H80 or H100 (if it will fit your chassis) as they are a little more quieter than the H50/H70. Conversely, ditch the Corsair fans that come standard with the kit and pop for a couple of good quality low-volume fans (the Corsair fans aren't the quietest around).

Back