How to auto open a folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

tw0rld

Hey everybody! I am currently running Firefox 3.01,which is great. In Firefox's options menu I have set the browser to download files to a custom download folder in windows (Xp). My question is, is it possible make windows automatically open the download folder after a download completes, and how can it be done?

Well, you can write a script to do that. Some file utilities will do that. But it reduces your security substantially.

Like raybay said you can write a script. But the easiest way to access the folder is to go to
1.Click Tools
2.Click Downloads or ctrl+j and skip first step
Now the downloads folder will pop up.
Right click on the file you just D/loaded and left click open containing folder
Now that will get you to the "custom" folder but that is as close to automatic as i know. Hope that helped somewhat!

Like raybay said you can write a script. But the easiest way to access the folder is to go to
1.Click Tools
Now that will get you to the "custom" folder but that is as close to automatic as i know. Hope that helped somewhat!

How do i get this done automatically?

1.Click Tools

How do i get this to happen automatically? Is there a way to do it in regedit? sorry for posting twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back