How To Connect Case Usbs To The Mobo??

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there, with my case i have 2 usbs attached to it which are on the bottom on the front panel. i have 8 lil wires coming from the front usbs (4wires for each usb i think) for one usb there is a red wire which says vcc1 on it you also got green = data+1, white = data-1 and black = gnd1 and same with the 2nd usb aswell. my questions : where do i connect them on the mobo?

spec :
mobo: asus p5wd2 premium.
power supply: akasa powerpax 400watt.
pny 1gb ram
pentium 4 3.2 ghz cpu
gforce t6600 with turbo cache

your mobo will have a 9 pin USB header on it. The 9th pin is a dummy pin and is there as a reference point only. The pin next to the dummy pin is the ground (gnd1), the next pin is the D+ (data+1), the next pin is the D- (data-1),and the last pin is the power (vcc1). it will be the same for the other 4 pins.

kundi13 said:
where do i connect them on the mobo
on your specific board, there are 2 blue 9 pin USB headers. it doesn't matter which one you use (they both say USB underneath them)

kundi13 said:
hi there, with my case i have 2 usbs attached to it which are on the bottom on the front panel. i have 8 lil wires coming from the front usbs (4wires for each usb i think) for one usb there is a red wire which says vcc1 on it you also got green = data+1, white = data-1 and black = gnd1 and same with the 2nd usb aswell. my questions : where do i connect them on the mobo?

spec :
mobo: asus p5wd2 premium.
power supply: akasa powerpax 400watt.
pny 1gb ram
pentium 4 3.2 ghz cpu
gforce t6600 with turbo cache

Hey there, nice spec you got here :)

Please download this manual for your mobo and read the page 59 and 60 <described for audio and USB pin installation

hi there i new it was that. lolz. just was making sure i did it right. lolz. however i am having trouble with the pc not powering on. i built it together when i press the switch on the front panel nothing turns on not even the fans its all dead, however the green light is on on the mobo. i also tried the psu on another mobo and the mobo turned on so the psu was ok. so i tried trial and error and nothing seemed to power the cpu on. so ive ordered a replacement mobo from misco.co.uk (they are really good with their service) and i should be getting the new mobo tomorrow...so what shall i do wen i get the mobo tomorrow how shall i start things off? i need help.

try taking the entire thing apart and by process of elimination find out whats preventing it from posting. Chances are something is shorting the power supply as well, like a fan or any contact.

ye i fitted everything in the case and then powered it for the 1st time around and nothing happened no movement what so ever. then i took the mobo out of the case and placed it on the plastic cover that it had come with and tried it and still no power. so i dont know whats happening. not sure if there mobos are reliable tell you the truth.

did you try to turn it on by shorting the power switch pins on the panel header with a screwdriver? this would eliminate a faulty power switch.

1. disconnect everything but the PSU, mobo, and CPU (no RAM, no HDD, no CD drive, no case switches or connectors, etc)
2. clear CMOS
3. using a flathead screwdriver, short the 2 power switch pins for a second to turn it on

if it still doesn't turn on and you know that the PSU is good, then I would say that your mobo is defective

yes i have done that. something wrong with the mobo i guess. however i sent it back and will be geting a new mobo tomorrow....any tips on how to start the building up like, should i screw the mobo in the case 1st or shall i place it on the cardboard before attempting to put the cpu and processor.?

I always install the CPU and heatsink/fan with the motherboard out of the case anyway. RAM too, on a new build. In this process you would have had to separate the CPU from the heatsink so make sure you clean the old thermal compound off and reapply fresh Arctic Silver 5 or equivalent.

I got mine old Case with removable motherboard trays and slots fused together.. all i can just add motherboard and some add-in cards (as well as graphics) and just slide it back in case and screw it in. :) I love it :)

KingCody said:
did you try to turn it on by shorting the power switch pins on the panel header with a screwdriver? this would eliminate a faulty power switch.

1. disconnect everything but the PSU, mobo, and CPU (no RAM, no HDD, no CD drive, no case switches or connectors, etc)
2. clear CMOS
3. using a flathead screwdriver, short the 2 power switch pins for a second to turn it on

if it still doesn't turn on and you know that the PSU is good, then I would say that your mobo is defective

short the 2 power switch pins? how do you do that? imnew..

0009 said:
short the 2 power switch pins? how do you do that? imnew..
on the motherboard front panel header, find the 2 pins that you would plug the power switch connector into, and touch the screwdriver tip to both of them (which acts as a momentary switch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back