1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

How to Fight Back at all this SPAM crap!?

By macx ยท 4 replies
Feb 24, 2007
  1. Seems I spend half my time online just reporting all this crap email
    as SPAM, but more just keeps coming.

Isn't there a way to turn it back and throw it in their face so THEY
    have some problems with it!?

I've tried a few times to send them nasty grams via "Reply" but of course
    it always comes back undeliverable.

I'd LOVE to find a way to send THEM some crap!!

/s/ FED UP

2. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Don't reply to spam, even if it is undeliverable. Because it if would deliver, they would know that they are sending to a valid email address. This way they may not know whether your email address is valid or not.

Also, don't give your email address away unless it's to a place you trust. I think there are things like spambots that will automatically scan web pages for email addresses and spam those addresses.

Regards :)

3. Jesse_hz

Jesse_hz TS Maniac Posts: 545

Yep. Don't post your email address online and if absolutely you have to, post it as an image so bots wont be able to read it.

4. Jesse_hz

Jesse_hz TS Maniac Posts: 545

Yes, I've seen that linked on many pages, but I've got no idea if it actually works though (popular != good). Also:
    Do they check their generated email addresses against a list of real email addresses so they don't accidentally feed it a real address, and if so, where do get such a list?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.