How to move exchange 2007 to new forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone

i need help with one of the issue i am facing...
i currently have single name domain ( ordernet) in company. because of this i am not able to install SP1 of exchagne server 2007 and many other issues like not able to utilize GPO option in System center essential 2007.. etc..

i decided to used Active directory mgration tool 3.1 and create new forest and migrate all users and resources.. well i am confident on this that it will work..

the real question comes to exchange server 2007 move to new forest.. since i am going to do inter-forest ( between forest ) migration using ADMT 3.1 i dont have any idea how i am going to move exchange mailbox and site..

if some one has idea please give me this is the only thing thats making me wait to begin the project.

how can i move excahnge once i move all users, pcs and server to new forest.

thanks
imran.

hum; the number of forests should be totally unrelated to updating any SP1,2,... level.
the shape of LDAP structure(s) is not controlling any of the software under any name.
LDAP (eg Active Directory) is a Naming Space game which can be tied to
your local DNS to create a Logical-->Physical set of systems. Maintenance is on the specific system itself.

so help me understand;
>>because of this i am not able to install SP1 of exchange server
WHY?

and
>>other issues like not able to utilize GPO option in System center essential 2007
is goofy as the GPO should not know anything about your LDAP design.

here is answers..

HI
thanks for reply.
they are related.. because i have gone through the Technet documents and forums.. and not only that i have practically face this issue.

any ways...

i thought i will get some exraordinary answer to resolve my issue.

Thanks.
Imran.
------------------------------------------------------------

hum; the number of forests should be totally unrelated to updating any SP1,2,... level.
the shape of LDAP structure(s) is not controlling any of the software under any name.
LDAP (eg Active Directory) is a Naming Space game which can be tied to
your local DNS to create a Logical-->Physical set of systems. Maintenance is on the specific system itself.

so help me understand;
>>because of this i am not able to install SP1 of exchange server
WHY?

and
>>other issues like not able to utilize GPO option in System center essential 2007
is goofy as the GPO should not know anything about your LDAP design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back