TechSpot

How to remove trojan.vundo malware with Hijackthis file log

By kerog
Apr 4, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello gents,

I have trouble with my PC running Windows XP/Media Center Edition/ Version 2002 / Service Pack 3.

When I start my computer, I get a pop up microsoft windows titled RUNDLL explaining there is an loading error of c:\WINDOWS\System32\fagometo.dll : the specified module can not be found.

After light researches on the net, I understood fagometo.dll is linked to trojan.vundo malware.

So I ran hijackthis and i got the attached log file.

Hope you'll be able to help me.

Thank you for your support.

Regards.
  2. Spyder_1386

Spyder_1386 TS Rookie Posts: 563

3. Spyder_1386

Spyder_1386 TS Rookie Posts: 563

Hey Kerog

Run TaskManager > Processes tab .... end your Rundll32.exe if possible.

HJT remove below (these are not all but main ones)
    All lines ending with (file missing) and (no file)
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nupobiboga] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\fagometo.dll",s
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [wmkqsgc] "c:\documents and settings\ronan\local settings\application data\wmkqsgc.exe" wmkqsgc
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [nupobiboga] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\fagometo.dll",s (User 'SERVICE LOCAL')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [nupobiboga] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\fagometo.dll",s (User 'SERVICE RÉSEAU')
    O20 - AppInit_DLLs: c:\windows\system32\yezumoyu.dll c:\windows\system32\mupapupe.dll c:\windows\system32\ c:\windows\system32\jonotama.dll c:\windows\system32\juvabuye.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32\lijuhidi.dll c:\windows\system32\gezokije.dll

Please note that these are not all your errors and you still need to run the 8-step tool that I posted previously.

Spyder_1386 :)

P.S. Thanks mflynn for assistance.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.