How to reset defaults for Windows XP in BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom has a Dell Dimension 4550 and we just got it fixed but it says there is no audio device and wont play any sound at all so i was gonna restore the optimized defaults in bios so i hit f2 and tried but i cant figure out how to do it.. does anyone know? oh an i tried hitting delete repeatedly like some other guy said to do and nothing happened...

Does the system have onboard sound or a standalone (seperate) Soundblaster audio card ?
It sounds like (no pun intended) that whoever "fixed" the system didn't reinstall the audio driver. You should be able to download the appropriate driver here
Audio drivers aren't at BIOS level, they operate within the operating system enviroment, so it's a fairly simple operation to download the driver, then run to install.
I'm assuming that XP's "Device Manager" ( Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager) is showing a yellow triangle/exclamation mark notification alongside the sound device.If correct, that would indicate that no driver (or a corrupt non-working driver) is present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back