Inactive How to uninstall advanced registry optimizer (and the weather channel desktop 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I looked for the weather at

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Gottingen+Germany+GMXX0194?x=0&lswe=gottingen

and I thought it could be good to have my own desktop weather channel to see the weather, so I downloaded

THE WEATHER CHANNEL DESKTOP 6,

and then a new window popped up. It was the ADVANCED REGISTRY OPTIMIZER.

I realized that it was a malware and tried to unintall both, with windows control panel. I couldn't, and when trying to uninstall 'the weather channel desktop 6' a small window popped up saying: "Could not open INSTALL.LOG file". I don't even see 'advanced registry optimizer' at control panel.

I tried to uninstall it with 'cccleaner', but it was also impossible, so I opened 'malware bytes' (free edition) and it happen to be 3 trojan. (2 TROJAN.FAKEALERT.SA and 1 MALWARE.TRACE).

But then, both softwares still in my computer.

Could you help me with some advices to delete definitely these two malwares?

Thanks a lot

best wishes!!

Damian

Welcome to TechSpot, Damian. I'll helo remove the program. Both will have associated entries- some in the Registry. Running these scans and giving me the logs will help me find and subsequently remove them.

Please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

NOTE: If you already have any of the scanning programs on the computer, please remove them and download the versions in these links. If you just downloaded Malwarebytes, okay to use that for the scan- but be sure an update it first.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.

Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back