How to uninstall old ATI Catalyst and update the new Catalyst?

hi

Currently I have Catalyst 10.7 and i would like to update to 10.12 Catalyst.

How do I update it?
Do I just install the new 10.12 Catalyst to the Same folder as 10.7? Or I have to un-install first?

Like for now
The old driver path is : C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies

but When I tried to install the latest driver, its path is : C:\ATI\Support\10-12_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_enu

Do I change to the old path or now?

thank you

I would remove it from add/remove programs, then run drivesweeper to remove any last traces, then reboot, and install the new version.

Though I have just simply updated it in the past, and experienced no issues doing that either.

As Leeky pointed out, AMD's preferred method of updating Catalyst drivers is to simply install over the top of the old driver. The new driver will automatically uninstall the previous version and keep your old settings.
If you use the MSI Afterburner program make sure it's disabled before running the update process.

You're probably better off downloading the newer Catalyst 11.1 driver that was made available yesterday.
It will probably be advisable to just go with the default location (thats the second option you listed in the post above mine). Previous entries should be uninstalled automatically and if there are any extraneous files then you can either manually delete and/or use a registry cleaner to tidy up.

hi.
I just installed the latest AMD catalyst and it works fine.
except when it's Sleep mode, the PC wont start again.

I set my PC to go in Sleep Mode after 1 Hour Idle, and whenever it is in sleep mode, it wont wake up again.

I have to unplug and wait for 15 sec untill the LED stop dimming and start the PC again.
(restart button or Power button wont work)

anyone have the same problem?
any idea why it is like this?

I don't know if I have the answer but what did you set as wake up events in the BIOS?

wake up events in the BIOS? How do I check that?

I didnt change anything in the BIOS. i just installed the latest driver and this happens

Back