How well would this system run??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebird

Hey, I was wondering how well a system with these specs would run: Athlon XP 2600, Syntax Products SV400 mobo, 512mb of PC2700 RAM , 12gig hard drive, and a XFX Geforce FX 5600 XT 128mb. I was just wondering how well you guys think this runs, and would it be enough for the next couple of years since the new PCI bus is coming out. Any input would be helpful. Thanks guys.

Your hard drive has to go. 12GB is not only small, but very, very, very slow compared to modern drives.

I think he ment 120GB. If that is the case, it looks fine to me. If you are planning to play many games on it, I'd think about a different video card (XT on Geforce cards means it is slower than a regular and much slower than an ultra).

Well you won't really know until you actually build the thing and see how all of these components work together, but I am sure it would be fine. I, too, hope you mean 120GB.

I 2nd that! Get a board with Nvidia chipset, I have ECS board that has nvidia 2 chipset. Its very fast. Sanda 04 put me inline with intel 3.0Ghz P4 in most tests. I have the 2700xp.

id drop that mobo and get a biostar m7ncd(?), the nforce2 board anyways. it can be had for around $60, and take a little splurge and get the radeon 9600pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back