TechSpot

HP Laserjet 1200 Missing Letter "t"

By acidosmosis
Apr 11, 2006
  1. I work for Emerson Climate and a user has a HP LaserJet 1200. When printing shipping labels, everything is fine except for the letter "t" is missing on the printouts, for example: "Emerson Clima e" or "Copeland Corpora ion".

The user prints to this printer via a mainframe session and the printer is connected to the network through a JetDirect170X print server.

I printed a Self Test / Configuration page and the printout was fine with no missing letters, which leads me to believe this is a software problem.

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

What software is this? What if you print something else? What if you print to a file or another printer?

If Windows, try playing around with font substitution, softfont download settings.

3. acidosmosis

acidosmosis TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,574

Well, turns out it was on the mainframe end as I suggested to the lady. She said she called them and they claimed it was a printer problem. In the end I was right (turns out someone else was having a similiar problem exception with the letter "s" missing).

Rah. :p

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.