TechSpot

Hp pavilion dv6 notebook pc running super slow, bought at christmas

By Element4eva100
Feb 12, 2010
  1. Hello, at Christmas i bought a notebook PC. It had features like a webcam, and they did not work. So we took it back and bought a hp pavilion dv6 PC. It has a 64-bit operating system, GB free local disk with 396 free and windows 7 for an operating system. i download some music, i have messenger, and i have internet explore to browse and use Facebook, yet it my PC is working like a piece of crap, Ive been in my recycling bin and deleting everything i get a chance at. My browsing history is deleted, i have Norton if that could be the case but i have the "NEW" Norton which is suppose to be better the sales man told me. Please post a comment when you get a chance .

2. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,056   +76

Please follow these 8-steps and post all the logs here for review and further advice.

3. Element4eva100

Element4eva100 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I already have checked for virus's and crap. PC cleaned right to the bone, still ****.

4. Archean

Alright then please give us system specs/model; OS = Windows 7 x64 as you told above; and what software / processes you have running on it?

5. Element4eva100

System Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz 2.20ghz
    Ram: 4.00GB
    Edition Of Windows 7: Home Premium
    Model: HP pavilion dv6 notebook pc

6. Element4eva100

is that what you were expecting ?

7. Archean

Check the picture below for reference: and open Task Manager; by holding down Ctrl + Alt & Del, then go to process tab and see whats running and what is taking more CPU time/cycles; and memory.

Attached Files:

8. Broni

Broni Malware Annihilator Posts: 47,022   +255

Download Autoruns for Windows: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx
    No installation required.
    Simply unzip Autoruns.zip file, and double click on autoruns.exe file to run the program.
    Go File>Save, and save it as AutoRuns.txt file to know location.
    You must select Text from drop-down menu as a file type:

[​IMG]

Attach the file to your next reply.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.