Hp pavilion dv6 notebook pc running super slow, bought at christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, at Christmas i bought a notebook PC. It had features like a webcam, and they did not work. So we took it back and bought a hp pavilion dv6 PC. It has a 64-bit operating system, GB free local disk with 396 free and windows 7 for an operating system. i download some music, i have messenger, and i have internet explore to browse and use Facebook, yet it my PC is working like a piece of crap, Ive been in my recycling bin and deleting everything i get a chance at. My browsing history is deleted, i have Norton if that could be the case but i have the "NEW" Norton which is suppose to be better the sales man told me. Please post a comment when you get a chance .

Alright then please give us system specs/model; OS = Windows 7 x64 as you told above; and what software / processes you have running on it?

System Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz 2.20ghz
Ram: 4.00GB
Edition Of Windows 7: Home Premium
Model: HP pavilion dv6 notebook pc

Check the picture below for reference: and open Task Manager; by holding down Ctrl + Alt & Del, then go to process tab and see whats running and what is taking more CPU time/cycles; and memory.

Attachments

• TaskManager.jpg
    TaskManager.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 8
Download Autoruns for Windows: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx
No installation required.
Simply unzip Autoruns.zip file, and double click on autoruns.exe file to run the program.
Go File>Save, and save it as AutoRuns.txt file to know location.
You must select Text from drop-down menu as a file type:

p4436801.gif

Attach the file to your next reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back