TechSpot

Hp pavilion dv6 notebook pc running super slow, bought at christmas

By Element4eva100
Feb 12, 2010
  1. Hello, at Christmas i bought a notebook PC. It had features like a webcam, and they did not work. So we took it back and bought a hp pavilion dv6 PC. It has a 64-bit operating system, GB free local disk with 396 free and windows 7 for an operating system. i download some music, i have messenger, and i have internet explore to browse and use Facebook, yet it my PC is working like a piece of crap, Ive been in my recycling bin and deleting everything i get a chance at. My browsing history is deleted, i have Norton if that could be the case but i have the "NEW" Norton which is suppose to be better the sales man told me. Please post a comment when you get a chance .

2. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,678   +85

Please follow these 8-steps and post all the logs here for review and further advice.

3. Element4eva100

Element4eva100 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I already have checked for virus's and crap. PC cleaned right to the bone, still ****.

4. Archean

Alright then please give us system specs/model; OS = Windows 7 x64 as you told above; and what software / processes you have running on it?

5. Element4eva100

System Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz 2.20ghz
    Ram: 4.00GB
    Edition Of Windows 7: Home Premium
    Model: HP pavilion dv6 notebook pc

6. Element4eva100

is that what you were expecting ?

7. Archean

Check the picture below for reference: and open Task Manager; by holding down Ctrl + Alt & Del, then go to process tab and see whats running and what is taking more CPU time/cycles; and memory.

Attached Files:

8. Broni

Broni Malware Annihilator Posts: 52,574   +340

Download Autoruns for Windows: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx
    No installation required.
    Simply unzip Autoruns.zip file, and double click on autoruns.exe file to run the program.
    Go File>Save, and save it as AutoRuns.txt file to know location.
    You must select Text from drop-down menu as a file type:

[​IMG]

Attach the file to your next reply.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.