Hp/SP2/Alteris/GP issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gday,

i have an issue here at work that has me scratching my head. last thursday, my boss decided push out the MSI for the HP alteris client. GP was modified, however NO machines were added to the policy at the time. late thursday afternoon, and on friday it was noticed that ALL HP machines ( desktops and laptops), and no others were having difficulty launching or installing new programs. non HP mahcines are unnafected.

when launched, the affected programs (an SQL front end) the computer just crashes and reboots. The GP has been ammended to how it was pre crash so the environment should be the same, however the problem persists.

rolling back to SP1 allowed the application to launch , however on re applying SP2 the issue came back. a full OS re-install fixed the issue.

the event log consistantly throws the stop code 0x1000007f (0x00000008, 0x80042000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, however this is strange as 0x1000007f normally indicates a memory issue.

does anyone have any ideas on what this could be? any help would be appreciated

g

You guys are the unhappy victims of a brand-new product that is still in its infant shoes.
You are being (ab)used as guinea pigs for a company that did not do its homework.
That Altiris is not even 2 months old!
Get them to sort it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back