TechSpot

HP to unveil three webOS tablets at CES?

By Matthew
Dec 21, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. HP is among the dozens of manufacturers planning to ship consumer tablets next year, and rumor has it that the company will introduce three models during CES 2011. Citing a "trusted source," Fox News reports that all three will run webOS 2.5.1 and describes them as a "spin-off" of the enterprise-focused Windows-based Slate 500, which launched in October after being delayed.

Read the whole story

2. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TS Enthusiast Posts: 417   +40

The Slate 500 looks awesome, I wish I could afford one but they are damn expensive. I tried to get my work to buy some for my team of IT techs but we just cant justify the cost with all the budget cuts right now.

I hope they make a Windows 7 tablet for consumers... i'll try one of the webOS ones but i'm too picky with my needs and probably won't want it. I have played with the Samsung Galaxy Tab, but they just don't have the apps for Android that I want.

3. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

webOS 2.5.1? What the ****? The old devices haven't even got 2.0 yet. You made your major release now get your priorities straight or old pre owners are going to jump ship. I got tired of waiting for 2.0 on my pre and went to android.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.