TechSpot

HTC Facebook smartphone specifications leak

By Shawn Knight
Mar 8, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Facebook and HTC are reportedly working on a second mid-range social-inspired smartphone tentatively known as the Myst. The gang at Unwired View recently received a specifications list for the device from a previously reliable source and was kind enough to...

Read more

2. Ultraman1966

Ultraman1966 TS Rookie Posts: 74

Do we need a Facebook branded phone? Unless it's subsidised, what real advantage is there?

3. I smell fail here. Absolutely no need for this. Anyone remember the Myspace phone?

m4a4 likes this.
  4. BMfan

BMfan TS Guru Posts: 481   +49

There was a Myspace phone?

5. Littleczr

Littleczr TS Booster Posts: 385   +70

Facebook is so clueless.

6. ArthurZ

ArthurZ TS Rookie Posts: 79

Android is getting the same decease as the Linux distros - lack of identity / association with a brand.

7. ReederOnTheRun

ReederOnTheRun TS Booster Posts: 310   +62

So it's a dumbed down Android with the popular facebook related apps pre-installed and the word "facebook" on it.?

8. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Booster Posts: 580   +98

9. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Enthusiast Posts: 811   +91

Specs seem to be decent but it makes me a little cautious lol . What could it offer that the leading smartphones don't?

Exactly lol

10. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,473   +622

There's no way for this phone to get exclusive apps either, so what's the point?

11. mrcavooter

mrcavooter TS Member Posts: 65   +7

Do I need a parental consent form?

12. Jay Pfoutz

Jay Pfoutz Malware Helper Posts: 4,286   +49

Isn't it too late for Facebook phone?

I thought for sure a recent study was done that says teenagers and young adults are gradually switching to other social networks to get away from their parents, and also that "Facebook is boring."

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.