HTTP.sys = BSODs twice in a row! Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sp00ky_E.

I've been getting these BSODs since I got this computer a few weeks ago. They started when I first installed Kaspersky, but I have since uninstalled it at they seemed to go away. Now I just got two of them in a row. Prior to getting them, I had opened Media Center and enabled my Wireless Connection and disabled Local Area Connection.
HTTP.sys - Address EBB528D4 base at EBB41000 showed up on the BSOD and I restarted. Then when I logged in I immediately got another BSOD saying: "Problem file: HTTP.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" HTTP.sys-Address EB1A88D4 base at EB19700, among other things.

Before I restarted, I plugged my ethernet cable back in. And turned my external hard drive off. Once i was logged back in I quickly disabled Wireless and it seemed to work. I seem to remember getting a BSOD before when I opened Media Center.

I have no idea what's going on and this is getting quite annoying. The BSODs seemed to be cause by a number of things - I'd really love to know what is specifically causing them.

Please help!

Thanks.

I have had the exact same problem, and it's because of Kaspersky. The solution for me was to turn off the antivirus auto updates. My computer was crashing at various times, but for the most part, almost imediately after seeing the desktop at bootup. It calls in for updates first thing at bootup. Since turning off auto updates, not a single crash. I just update manually several times a day, because Kaspersky must have more updates than anybody else, like every couple of hours.

Give it a try and see what happens.

Edit: After rereading your post I see you already have Kaspersky uninstalled. May not the be the problem after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back