I can not seem to make Windows XP read a DVD-R disc

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidstl

Dear Techspot, I have windows xp and when I place a DVD-R disc into my cd-rom nothing happens. I thought the disc should auto-play. The disc contains picture files of old comic books. And I downloaded some software I was told would help. The software is called: CDisplay. I found it at: http://www.geocities.com/davidayton/CDisplay
Anyway, this software did not seem to help. I'd like to get at the files on this DVD-R disc. If you know of any trouble-shooting or simple solutions, please let me know. Thank you.
-Davidstl

Have you tried using Windows Explorer? If you cannot see the drive (or the data on the DVD) in Windows explorer then the disc is not readable on your kit. This is not totally unexpected.

Try the disc (if possible) on the computer/drive that was used to create it. It could be that it was not finalized as a multi session disk

Dear gbhall, gguerra, techspot,
Thanks for the quick response. I have clicked and opened My Computer, and then clicked on my CDrive to try and open the disc that way...however, I just get a message that says: Please insert a disc into the drive...
but the disc IS in the drive...
I'm guessing my PC isn't set up to play DVD-R's or that the disc wasn't formated properly. Thanks for the help. I love this site.
Davidstl

I don't know if it is just a typo or not?!

Dear Techspot, I have windows xp and when I place a DVD-R disc into my cd-rom nothing happens. I thought the disc should auto-play. The disc contains picture files of old comic books. And I downloaded some software I was told would help. The software is called: CDisplay. I found it at: http://www.geocities.com/davidayton/CDisplay
Anyway, this software did not seem to help. I'd like to get at the files on this DVD-R disc. If you know of any trouble-shooting or simple solutions, please let me know. Thank you.
-Davidstl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back