TechSpot

I can't figure it out? Can You?

By Saint X
Jun 29, 2007
  1. Well i thought i was a guru, but i guess not. I've tried for about 3 hours now to find what kind of motherboard and audio card Sony put on my PCG-6C2l vaio laptop. I didn't really feel like opening it so i wanted to do it by just looking up the specs. But I can't find them. Does anyone else wanna he give it a try?

It is the PCG-6C2l with the VGN-s170P

2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,251

Try Belarc advisor from here.

Regards

3. sghiznaneck

sghiznaneck TS Maniac Posts: 544

Have you tried www.sony .com, service & support pull down menu and then then typed in your model number?? This will give you all the software updates for your specific model. It's then a simple matter of finding the audio software to match your computer.

4. Sketch Meister

Sketch Meister TS Rookie Posts: 16

Check Device manager. Unless its one you just bought and dont have it yet.

5. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

I second Ididmyc600 for Belarc Advisor... usually the best... also SysSpecs and Everest.
    But also try a Google search. So many techs hate Sony that they post everything that they can to keep Sony from having an advantage with their secrecy and lack of support.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.