TechSpot

1. TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

I don't have L3 Cache...O.O?

By KaitenV · 4 replies
Apr 9, 2007
  1. Yo, I've posted here twice about my video problems, but I've somewhat overcome them (No content is sent to the screen sometimes, so I have to click the reset button), and am having several problems installing Windows Vista RC1. I get this error: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329284 before it installs, so I investigated my bios. Within my bios I saw "L3 Cache Enabled," however, I don't think I have anything like that, so I disabled it, and now instead of a blue screen after it loads files form the disk, it stops at the black one were the green bar should go back and forth -.-. Please help, I've been trying to fix this PC since last Thursday, and need it for my work.

EVGA 256-P2-N615-TX GeForce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

A-DATA 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model ADQVE1A16K

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Conroe 1.86GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6300

MB ECS NFORCE 570 SLIT-A V5.1 775

POWER SUPPLY CMAX500W CR-550B BKRT

CASE ANTEC|P180B BLACK RT

Super Old LITE-ON DVD ROM

[Not installed] Linksys network card

Would I be better off just tossing all of my NTFS partitions and going to Linux, or just giving up all in all? ='(

2. HPCE_Larry

HPCE_Larry TS Rookie Posts: 132

I'd recommend just buying a full windows OS. RC1 will expire soon anyway.

3. KaitenV

KaitenV TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 16

I do intend to buy Windows Vista Home Pre., but I'm just not in a position to do that now. Ubuntu seems to be installing, but I've yet to boot into it.

4. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,975   +9

Hmmm, the only CPU's I know of that come with L3 Cache would be the older Pentium II (or I) :suspiciou ...what are your system specs?

Anyway, this is straight from Microsoft themself or itself (;)):

5. KaitenV

KaitenV TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 16

What do you mean system specs? I posted the hardware I brought. :p
    The motherboard has an FSB of 1066.7 and the RAM is clocked at 677 of 800.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.