I don't know what video card to get or look for

N8N8N8

I have onboard video right now. Looking to run dual monitors DVI, What video card will work? Will not be used for gaming. Looking to spend less then $50. I really have no idea when It comes to video cards.

Ty
N8

AGP, PCI or PCI-Express card needed?
Location ? - A little pointless giving you a link to Newegg or Scan if you happen to live in Tonga for example.

Most graphics cards on the market are capable of utilising two screens.

Hey N8 (Nate?) your motherboard is pretty new so any modern card should work fine with your system.

Was looking for a cheap card for you but I ran into a strange issue...I could not find anything below $50 that was dual DVI. Seems dual DVI cards start at $50+, found this XFX one which after instant 10% off and MIR comes to $45 bucks. It's more powerful of a card then you'll need but the price fits your budget. Maybe someone else has better luck at finding a cheaper one.

@redk I saw that one too but the feedback indicates its only 1xDVI.

Technically yes.
Bear in mind that
1. The X1650 Pro is a 4+ year old card
2. AMD's record with driver support for legacy (out of production) products is appalling-especially if you plan on migrating to (or are using) Win 7.
3. This particular card is second-hand at best, so how much gas it has left in the tank is open to debate. I wouldn't consider a 3 day warranty a great selling point either.
4. It's eBay.

Yes, the 4670 is a good card and will handle virtually anything an average user would need. Dual-screen setup should be a simple plug and enable via Catalyst Control Center to get it working so no worries.

If you do decide on this card I recommend getting it ASAP since the 10% off expires after today the 16th. The 4670 also includes a lifetime warranty if you register in the first 30 days and XFX has good customer support if issues ever arise.

Back