I-exercise, DBZ's workout regimen revealed

If only.
No hands makes it tough to hold pans and run the hot pass, although if it came with attachments like panelbeating dollies and drill chucks for sanding heads etc., could make the auto resto a lot less time consuming.

I'd love to buy one for the restaurant- have it patrol around the store and chillers and have it automatically kick slacking-off teen waitresses once they congregated in numbers of two or more to discuss the pressing issues of the day ( "True Blood" rehashing, boyfriend/casual drunken hookup comparisons, trashing any other female not within hearing distance). A couple of minor revisions to the design - size 16 steel-cap boots, and a TV mounted at eye level showing a continuous loop overdubbed with the chefs refrain ("You can teach a monkey to carry a plate")

Hey ! a whole fleet of them. i can see your point though. they don't seem to quite have the sensitive touch yet, and would end up breaking the sauces.
I think this guy could reduce the number of freeloaders who eat all but the last bite or two...and then claim it was inedible.

I think this guy could reduce the number of freeloaders who eat all but the last bite or two...and then claim it was inedible.
I let the Maitre d' handle the diplomacy side of things these days. Seems that the chef standing over the customer giving him the dead-eye stare whilst carefully examining the edge of my twelve inch Yanagi Sashimi* by touch is now frowned upon in this day and age. Who knew?
My executive chef (who tutored/mentored me some years back) famously delivered a one-punch knockout to a customer who (while drunk and acting like a BMoC) stated categorically that his filet mignon was in fact rump steak ( top round to you). Needless to say, it was worth comping the rest of the table for the entertainment value. Sometimes working in an open kitchen has its up sides.

* It's a knife...not any kind of pet name like "little dbz"

No it's actually rump steak here as well hehe.

edge of my twelve inch Yanagi Sashimi*

now I'm hungry. I love Sushimi/sushi, problem is around here trying to find the good stuff is a herculean feat.

The benefits of living in a port town for me. Half a dozen good fisheries ( tuna- yellowfin/bluefin, salmon, swordfish, whitefish, eel etc.) here. Paua ( abalone), crayfish (pacific lobster) and scallops are a secondary currency around the area (as is venison, wild boar/pig). Except for the rice and nori, most everything is available locally. The local (organic) Wasabi growers even send most of their crop to Japan.

have a guest room?:D

i purchased a sushi roll/bamboo mat a few months ago, I just have this feeling I am going to be disappointed with my efforts after watching some of these culinary shows that have Japanese chefs training for 5 years on the preparation of rice alone!

Shari/Gohan is pretty much an art in itself. So long as you don't overcook or bruise the rice then the rest comes down to trial (and error) with the dressing ingredients and timing of the addition. Spending years on the rice (or soba for that matter) is more about getting the 98% good up to 100% perfection. The rest comes down to presentation, consistancy and speed...not overly necessary for the home cooking enviroment. Like any form of culinary art - practice makes perfect- at least you can scoff your mistakes!

Back