I have installed Windows .Net Enterprise Server Beta

By Phantasm66
May 14, 2002
  1. Hello...

Today I received a Beta of Windows .Net Enterprise Server, which is the Server version of XP. And the nice version at that, falling short of Datacenter version which (LOL) runs on a minimum of 8 CPUs. Luckily this version will accept a single CPU rig.

Installation and configuration have been easy. Lots of new features, and plenty of new things. IIS version 6, for example.... Too much too quickly, but for now I will post a screen shot:

2. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 5,734   +7

Its my intention to move my Windows XP professional installation to another partition to keep for compatibility purposes (as I have with Windows 98) and then cut down my installed operating systems so that the main ones are Windows .Net Enterprise Server and Red Hat Linux 7.3

This involves about a day or sos' work for me, however I am thinking to wait until the final release of .Net Server. Beta 3 (this one I have) is the final Beta before the release candidate stage. Some of the RCs will upgrade to others but not always so I think its better to wait to do what I want to do until the final release.

3. lokem

lokem TS Rookie Posts: 672

Do you have anything more on IIS6?
  4. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,704

Wait a second...In the Funny Pictures thread there's one about the shut down screen, where you had to give a reason for shutting down, is this that OS?
  5. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 5,734   +7

yes it does come up and ask you for a reason why you are rebooting or shutting down the server.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.