TechSpot

I have installed Windows .Net Enterprise Server Beta

By Phantasm66
May 14, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello...

Today I received a Beta of Windows .Net Enterprise Server, which is the Server version of XP. And the nice version at that, falling short of Datacenter version which (LOL) runs on a minimum of 8 CPUs. Luckily this version will accept a single CPU rig.

Installation and configuration have been easy. Lots of new features, and plenty of new things. IIS version 6, for example.... Too much too quickly, but for now I will post a screen shot:

[​IMG]
  2. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 6,504

Its my intention to move my Windows XP professional installation to another partition to keep for compatibility purposes (as I have with Windows 98) and then cut down my installed operating systems so that the main ones are Windows .Net Enterprise Server and Red Hat Linux 7.3

This involves about a day or sos' work for me, however I am thinking to wait until the final release of .Net Server. Beta 3 (this one I have) is the final Beta before the release candidate stage. Some of the RCs will upgrade to others but not always so I think its better to wait to do what I want to do until the final release.

3. lokem

lokem Newcomer, in training Posts: 773

Dude,

Do you have anything more on IIS6?
  4. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

Wait a second...In the Funny Pictures thread there's one about the shut down screen, where you had to give a reason for shutting down, is this that OS?
  5. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 6,504

yes it does come up and ask you for a reason why you are rebooting or shutting down the server.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.