I may buy this Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

akaivan

So guys what do you think of the SAPPHIRE 1024-TC13-05-SAL Radeon 9250 256MB DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card. LOL Its around 50$ and my budget so will it run dome of the newer games at fair graphics? LIke bf2 ?? :slurp:

Not to make you feel down but I really don't think you'll be able to run any newer games with reasonable performance on that card.

OK, maybe if you run them at lowest resolution with most of the good stuff turned off.

Sorry dude.

I have a HIS Excalibur version of that card and it seems identical in specification. This card is definitely ageing but I managed to squeeze reasonable performance out of it. In BF2 I managed:

Resolution 1024x768 @60Hz
Terrain-Low
Effects-High
Geometry-High
Texture-High
Lighting-Low
Dynamic Shadows-off
Dynamic Light low
Anti Aliasing-off
Texture filtering-High
View distance-100%
With playable frame rates in or around 30fps but settings slightly lower should yield a better frame rate. Not bad for $50 I paid €100 or $120 for this at my local store. I noticed you only have 256mb RAM though you'll need at least 512mb for BF2 with reasonable graphics.

Unless you are in a real hurry, if possible, I recommend waiting until you can afford a better card, although I can understand not wanting to wait. While the 9250 might run BF2 ok, more or less, a better card will run it that much better. With the 9250 when the next big game comes along, you'll be back in the same position. It might not run it at all.

Still, by then maybe you'll want to buy another card anyway. It's up to you.

yea i may go with the SAPPHIRE 100577L-1 Radeon 9550 256MB DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card. Will this run bf2?

If a 9250 can do it this should certainly manage it. All the same older cards will provide little more than a quick fix think about it, can you hold out longer and buy a better card if you don't want to wait it doesn't seem so bad not too expensive either.

yea i can wait for another card. What card is it, and when will it be out, and how much will it be lol

Well I'm considering jumping up to Pci express myself Maybe with an X1600
What do you think about this one : http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=315478
(€145=$175) I really can only really buy from this site but thankfully prices are reasonable. I’ll need a new mobo too maybe I can manage with this while waiting for a Pci express card: http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=313691.
There are of course great cards for less than this I’m just thinking ahead I suppose.Also Directx 10 is on the way and new Dx10 compatible cards might drive down prices on older cards.

hmm thats a real nice card, i wish i can afford one of those. I guess i need to start cutting lawns again lol. Bye the way how long you thing the other card going to go down?

dude, why dont u just keep saving up to get more money, patience, if u buy a 9250 most modern games wont run good, or wont run at all, if i were u i wud save up for a 9800 at least

that is a better video card than the 9250, its kind of equivalent to a 9500-9600, am sure that wud be a decent card

I have that card I used to play bf2 untill I was getting system crashes. But I Played it fine for about a year or so. Just a warning though you'll only be able to play BF2 at AGP settings at 4x not 8X. I dunno if the system device failure is the video card or not. I advise getting a better card though. The radeon 9250 isn't really a gaming card and wasn't realy designed from a game like bf2.

yea im pretty sure i saw in the bf2 systen requirements it will need a geforce 6200 or higher

The worst thing about that card is it's memory 128mb 64-bit really isn't great.
This one is has double the bit depth and memory size but unfortunately more than double the price:
6200@ Newegg
Maybe you could manage with a 64bit bit depth but get least 256mb if you can there's bound to be cheaper than this out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back