I need a mobo for a 3800+

Status
Not open for further replies.

1000cc

A few mobo boards like DFI lanParty ARE great . but my question is a bit difrent so i need a little feed back to see if im in the right track . I have read dozens of mobo review and bench mark .Since ill be using a 3800+ and hopefully a Venice. i only need a slight OC you can X cross DFI , great mobo it lacks luxuries items . SLI dont need to be but i want a mobo that is loaded to the max with the best built in sound. is got lots USB + firewire , my gun sights are on the MSI Neo . DFI is still a option but i dont like the system of jumpers this not crucial, but lacks extra PCI slots <-no reason for this on a $200.00 mobo. and since i dont need to OC the 3800+ to death, extreme OC is not life and death choice. with MSI you can update BIOS and Drivers with 2 clicks of the mouse . Asus is another but some people say its a bugy mobo . others swear by it. Fatality i dont hear much about them. The new Chaintech sound temptin and it sure comes with a loaded box, with even a tv remote and a card reader. with MSI neo little can go wrong .. but can you think of a super loaded mobo that maybe i have miss. cash is not a problem but the my limit would be $250.00 for a mobo and thats pushing it a bit. it well be used for gaming and prob with a 6800 ultra . my current rig is using a PNY 6600gt BUT i cant use it for SLI it dont suport it .

the k8n neo2 topped the performance of the nforce 4 with an nforce 3, but uses agp and therefore doesn't support pci express video cards or sli. is also a bit cheaper.

zephead said:
the k8n neo2 topped the performance of the nforce 4 with an nforce 3, but uses agp and therefore doesn't support pci express video cards or sli. is also a bit cheaper.
K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI

• 11.96 in.(L) x 9.61 in.(W); ATX
• 4 DIMMs w/ DDR 400 upto 4 GB
• 2 PCI-E 16X; 3 PCI; 10 USB
• Creative sound Bluster Live 24-bit H/W audio 7.1 CH Surround Sound
• Dual Gb LAN; IEEE 1394 RAID(0, 1, 0+1); SATA2; ATA133
• Live Update; Fuzzy Logic; PC Alert; MSI CoreCell; MSI CoreCenter; DOT , DigiCell; nVidia Firewall

said features are reflected in the neo4's price of $200 (USD), compared to the neo2's $110 (USD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back