I need some help, fellas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm a newbie when it comes to the overall knowledge on video cards. You see, my PC is fairly old and has an integrated Video Card already. Now, I was wondering if there was software that could somehow uprade it maybe. I'm sorry for the remedial questions, but I need some help. :(

Its a Dell using XP. Do they manufacture computers with integrated v-cards and no ports to install store-bought v-cards, basically screwing me over completely?

Not that I know of - What kind of Dell?

Far as I know (having 3 desktop Dells), I have been able to upgrade the video cards for each one; although - none of mine have had onboard video.

What kind of Dell system is it? That will let us find out what kinda upgrade options you have.

ForsakenSystem said:
Far as I know (having 3 desktop Dells), I have been able to upgrade the video cards for each one; although - none of mine have had onboard video.

What kind of Dell system is it? That will let us find out what kinda upgrade options you have.

Well, I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about. I told you it was an XP, Version 2002 yes? Its an Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00Hz, 1.99 Ghz. Lol, I told you I'm not very "advanced" when it comes to this... If that doesn't answer your question at all (Which it probably doesn't), could you please define system?

Is this a Desktop or Laptop computer? If it's a Dell, it has some kind of series number, like "Dimension 8200" or something like that (on the Dell PC I'm looking at right now, this can be found printed on the front of the computer, around the power button).

Hi Midnight and welcome to techspot...

"Foresakensystem" asked you earlier that what kind of system you were running. As you mentioned earlier that you are using a dell. All dell systems have special names... Dell Dimension.... Dell optiplex.... what i can guess is that you are using a dell dimension... now if its possiable if u can find out what dell diminsion is it... for example... "Dell dimension 4600" i think u can find this on the front of you case... its mostly above the power switch of the case... oh and if u want to find detailed information about your system u can use this tool from "Everest"... Download it here...

http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?pid=3&lang=en

Gudluck...

Cyber

Ah! I see! lol, I always referred to that as the "type." lol, I'm so dumbfounded when it comes to that stuff.. hehe

Anyways, its a Dimension 2350

From what I have found about Dimension 2350...it appears that there is not an AGP (or PCIexpress) slot in this computer, which leaves you with the option of getting a PCI graphics card.

Basically, you should be able to get a PCI graphics card to use, which will give you better graphics/video than your current 'integrated'/onboard video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back