Ialmdd5.dll BSOD when playing Half-life 2 Deathmatch

xxxrichievxxx

Hello everyone!

I used to play Half-life 2 deathmatch on Low settings and some maps would be playable. (The only favorite server i played was killbox servers :p)

anyways, I haven't played Deathmatch ever since i went to NY (About 5-6 months ago) i bought an Dell ST2010 to play my xbox 360 w/ HDMI and also because i needed a new screen for my computer. I came back to Cali with the screen and attached the screen to my computer. My xbox is connected to hDMI and my computer to VGA. months after i came back, i decided to play some Deathmatch. i went into the same server played for a few seconds, and then BAM restarted out of nowhere.

I disabled the automatic restart and saw that ialmdd5.dll come up on the BSOD message.

Here are my specs:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100427-1636)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Dell DV051
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A04
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1270MB RAM
Page File: 419MB used, 2610MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode
Card name: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2582&SUBSYS_01C41028&REV_04
Display Memory: 128.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Dell ST2010
Monitor Max Res: 1600,900
Driver Name: ialmrnt5.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.4543 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

When i first started playing Half-life 2 deathmatch flipped the other way. i would have to turn my screen (Which i cant) 90degrees to the left. and on the settings it would say on specific resolution follow by in parenthesis Native.

How can i fix this? -.- Thankx!

Here's my best guess at things to try:

ialmdd5.dll is part of the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator. I'd first make sure you're running the latest chipset drivers for you machine

1. Start at the Dell site for your model. Download the latest chipset drivers on the Dell site

2. If still a problem, you can also run DriverEasy to see if it reports a newer chipset driver to use

3. Also, I happened to find this download Intel site which i think is for your chipset (but double check). It's list of "bug fixes" also mentions ialmdd.
Code:
The Intel®  Graphics Media Accelerator Driver contains support for the following Intel®  Chipsets:
·     Intel® 915G Chipset
·     Intel® 915GV Chipset
·     Intel® 910GL Chipset
·     Intel® 945G Express Chipset
·     Intel® 945GM Express Chipset
·     Intel ® 945GML Express Chipset
·     Intel® 946GZ Express Chipset
·     Intel® G965 Express Chipset
·     Intel® Q963 Express Chipset
·     Intel® Q965 Express Chipset
·     Mobile Intel® 910GML Express Chipset
·     Mobile Intel® 915GM Express Chipset
·     Mobile Intel® 915GMS Express Chipset

i downloaded the drivers from DriverEasy and uninstalled my video drivers, then installed the ones provided by DriverEasy and now im getting a igxpdx32.dll bsod. kind of relieved it's not the ialmdd5.dll bsod anymore.

Whats the cause of this bsod?

thanx for your help! Much appreciated!

Thanks but i won't take any credit yet as seems we've only exchanged one BSOD problem file for another! ;)

1. Could you look to check your Dell model?
Seems that model code DV051 in your specs might mean it's either a Dimension E310? or maybe a Dimension 3100?

2. Here's another thought of what next
> i see from your first post you were using Intel Driver Version: 6.14.0010.4543 (English)
> What latest version did DriverEasy find?

I found a thread (albeit an older thread) where Deacon1x14 had BSODs with Intel's latest driver and downloaded a back rev to work (version 6.14.10.4704).
> That's more recent then your last one v6.14.0010.4543
> If it's not what version you currently have installed, you can download v6.14.0010.4704 from CNET

When I Pull up dxdiag, the window says System model DV015. But when i put my Service Tag: 48PD291 that is posted on my tower on to the Dell drivers & downloads i see ontop of the page "Drivers & Downloads for Dimension 3100/E310"

The driver that DriverEasy downloaded for my Graphics says this:
* Driver Revision: PV 14.25.50
* Package: 31983
* Graphics: 6.14.10.4764
* HDMI Audio: 5.10.0.1026

So I'm guessing 6.14.10.4764

I'l try the link that you gave me to the .4704

okay after the downgrade to .4704 I'm still getting the igxpdx32.dll error. Thankfully it's not the ialmdd5.dll anymore. Game starts, i get to walk around, but when i shoot or someoneshoots and things blow up infront of me the computer displays the bsod.

Any info on what this igxpdx32.dll bsod error is?

Would my new screen be the cause of this? A newer High def computer screen on an '05 (i think) computer?

I can only say that igxpdx32.dll is another dll that's part of the onboard Intel grahpics driver. And can find many, many people with BSODs with various releases of that intel graphics driver.

It could well be your newer HD screen on the old Intel chips (i don't really know for sure but that would also be my guess). Your best bet might be getting an addon graphics card. If you want advice/opinions for a new card best to post a new thread asking about a new card. (I'm much more a software vs. hardware kinda guy :D )

Hello again! So i recently got a laptop that is windows vista compatible. runs windows Aero how its suppose to etc etc, i ran some tests and it seems like deathmatch would run flawlessly with the laptop. i installed Deathmatch again on the laptop and started it up, and then seconds later i would get a "hl2.exe encountered an error and has to close" i downgraded to XP (laptop runs faster than on vista) the game loads fine you can run for a bit, i start seeing some RBG lines ingame and then i get a igxpdx32.dll BSOD.

what in the world?

Back