IC7 primary/secondary IDE channels cannot start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my RMA'd board from Abit, did a fresh install, got rid of the viruses, everything has been great since. Except I had one PCI device showing a yellow exclamation. It turned out to be a Intel IDE driver, I think. Well I just noticed one of my primary and secondary IDE channels are showing yellow exclamations saying device cannot start. I've tried removing, reinstalling them, anything I can think of. I've removed every IDE channel driver, nothing helps. I am not showing any other system errors. Can someone help since I've lost my CDrom and 2nd hard drive because of this.

Under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers I show the following:
Intel 82801 Parallel Ultra ATA storage controller 24DB
intel 82801 Serial Ultra ATA storage controller 24D1
Primary IDE channel (yellow exclamation)
Primary IDE channel
Secondary IDE channel (yellow exclamation)
Secondary IDE channel

Here's a link to a photo of my device manager:
http://kissalive.com/temp/device_error.jpg

Thanks,
Dave

Win2K
Abit IC7 Motherboard w/P4 2.6C
512MB DDR3200 RAM
ASUS GeForce V9520 128MB
SATA Maxtor 120gb HD
Pioneer DVD-RW - DVR106D

Go into Device Manager, right-click the Primary IDE Channel (with the excl. mark) and select uninstall. Do the same for the Secondary one. Then reboot, it should work again.

Alternatively, go into Control Panel and doubleclick Add/Remove Hardware. In side the wizard select Uninstall twice, then on the overview screen, select "Show hidden devices".
Now search for the Primary and Secondary IDE's. You may find a few more instances of the "baddies". Uninstall them all.

ok in device manager highlight the primary IDE and select properties. and see if the driver for it is ok it me be that you need to install the driver for it again same for the secondary IDE, if there was a problem with the IDE port it self device manager wouldn't detect it. the yellow exclamation marks usually refer to a driver problem.

It ended up being a driver installed for SCSI, don't ask me why it showed working, but as soon as I deleted it everything was back to normal. Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back