oh and also my cd/dvd drive is gone?
One of these may help:
1. Uninstall the drive through Device Manager.
Restart computer. The drive will be automatically reinstalled.
3. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patch
Double click on cdgone.zip to unzip it.
Right click on cdgone.reg, click Merge.
Accept registry merge.
4. Go to Device Manager, click a "+" sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
You'll see two items:
- ATA Channel0 (or Primary Channel)
- ATA Channel1 (or Secondary Channel)
Right click on each of them, and click Uninstall. Confirm.
Restart Windows. They'll be automatically reinstalled.
first 2 did not work.. I can t find IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
got it back....it was named different that what you said but was the only one with primary & secondary..so I uninstalled and it reinstalled ob boot up...panasonic something...thnx broni..