Ideal Windows 2003 server parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I am completely new to this forum, hence i do not know whether i am posting this question in the right forum or not, but yet here it goes....

I would like to know if there is anything called as an Industry standard for Server CPU and memory utilization?
if yes, what is the ideal CPU and memory utilization?

i have searched on the net but could not find any specific details.... i am looking for these as I have to monitor the CPU and memory utilization of servers at my work place...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Milind Deshpande

Thanks for the Link. i checked the same and it gives me details of the CPU of the device.

What exactly I am looking for is whether there is any industrial standard for the CPU and Memory utilization.

We measure the CPU and memory utilization of our servers on a daily basis, we have set a standard of average 70%. I would like to know if this is correct?

Also, different servers have different utilization, e.g. SQL servers show more than 95% average. This is the main concern.

Once again thanks for the help provided.

Thanks,
Milind Deshpande.

I guess my question is not clear...

Is there is an industry standard for CPU and Memory utilization?
e.g. if the CPU utilization of a server is consistently 100% then this is a concern. Similarly what should be the limit beyond which the system administrator should be concerned?

thanks,
Milind

i am not looking for methods of finding out the CPU utilization, we already have a tool for the same, which generates the report and a graph which lets us the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back