IFO, Bup Player?

steelth

Ok, my cousin was sent a video from a friend that he said has ifo and bup files but he can't play them I have no idea about media programs , but I know they guys on here are geniuses with computers .So my question is how can he play them ? Windows media player won't play them.. Is there a free program that will?

I'm fairly certain those are two of the three most commonly found file types found on a typical DVD. The missing VOB file is the main file with the audio/video itself. I thought the bup file was some sort of backup - you can try as learnin said with VLC or you can try with media center classic as well. You sure there are no VOBs included? What size are the files you have?

It does have a Vob file sry I had to call him to ask, He was at work so he doesn't know the size of it. I

The vobs are the big files - pop them into VLC and it'll play fine. Pop in the correct IFO file and if the VOBs are in the same directory it'll load up the playlist with the VOBs in the correct, chaptered order.

Ok, I just went str8 to there site and Downloaded it. Thank you for all your help as always you guys rule. Thank you so much

Ok, my cousin was sent a video from a friend that he said has ifo and bup files but he can't play them I have no idea about media programs , but I know they guys on here are geniuses with computers .So my question is how can he play them ? Windows media player won't play them.. Is there a free program that will?
First off, you can go directly to: http://www.videolan.org/ and download the latest VLC player from its home site. No need for the big two step.

A "DVD-Video" file is comprised o 3 file types ".ifo), (information), "bup", (backup to the .ifo), and ".vob" which is the video file. In other words, those files comprise the standard DVD-Video of a commercial DVD.

As to size of a VOB file, I believe they're limited to about 1GB. Thus, it requires several for a feature length film.

I really don't know, want to know, or care what you're doing with a folder of these files.

Not all players will access DVD-Video directly from a folder. As I recall the old "Nero Showtime" (Nero 6 and up, will).

The bottom line is, you should be able to burn the files/ folder you have, to a playable DVD with "ImgBurn". https://www.techspot.com/downloads/3285-imgburn.html Then, there's no worry about what player software will, or won't, play from a folder, the point will be moot.

Ah I feel like a Celeb. I got the Famous Captaincranky to post on a thread, thank and I did got site to there site and Dl the VLC and it works great .:)

Back