I'm going to upgrade my Motheboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure, someone help me if I'm off, but switching mobo's will require you to reinstall the OS, so I hope you're not using what came with your original pc, usually they dont give you an oem copy of windows. Also I wouldnt recommend core i(anything) in that case, it has poor airflow and can make your i7 run even hotter than its average 65C degree temps.

Now I have a question, what exactly do you propose is still usable in the Dell, that would work with a new core i7 system?

I'm not sure, someone help me if I'm off, but switching mobo's will require you to reinstall the OS, so I hope you're not using what came with your original pc, usually they dont give you an oem copy of windows. Also I wouldnt recommend core i(anything) in that case, it has poor airflow and can make your i7 run even hotter than its average 65C degree temps.
You have a corei7, even if the scenario's are totally different :p.
On the other hand, I have a lowly core 2 duo that is performing just fine, I agree and recommend against the core i7 unless there is a specific reason you need one. Phenom II's are looking very good.

Now I have a question, what exactly do you propose is still usable in the Dell, that would work with a new core i7 system?
And that too, I think only the video card (if you have one), the case, and power supply.

So, move to the i7 is a bad idea, Huh?

Edit:

Look at this!!!!

http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/731.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back